CALL TO ORDER:
- Noreen LaValle presented the treasurer’s report for July. Cash disbursements totaled $2,772.86. Cash receipts totaled $225.00. Our regular account balance now was $5,939.48. Including petty cash, our final total was $5,974.48. Mary Jane Matecki made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report. The motion was seconded by David Hitch. The motion passed.
- Two changes were made to the proposed 2015-2016 budget:
◦ Expense item #8522 will be raised to $3,000.00, our share of the cost of producing the CD. The only concert that we will record this season will be our 50th anniversary concert and for this we will ask a chorus member to just record a video.
- We owe Greykell Dutton $82.00 for the return of her concert black dress and jacket.
- The program list for the CD has not yet been decided. Since the Mechanical Licensing Fee is only paid when the master recording is sent for production, we can wait and see which songs sound the best.
- We may invite a few extra musicians, e.g. percussionists, to join us on the CD, but not necessarily at the December concert.
- Our Mechanical Licensing Fee will be about $1,100.00. Musical pieces 5 minutes or less will cost $0.091 per minute, per copy. Music over 5 minutes will cost $0.0175 per minute, per copy. Rodney recommended only burning 500 CDs initially (250 for each of us). We can always order more if needed. Thus, for example, our most expensive number, the 5 minute long Oh, Come, Oh, Come, Emmanuel will cost $227.50, but our longest piece, the 15 minute Christmas Cantata, will only cost $131.25.
- Our total production cost will be about $6,000.00 or $3,000 each.
- The possible title of the CD may be Christmas Garland.
- The NWCS will be responsible for the program notes for the CD and for the paperwork for the Mechanical Licensing Fee. Gargoyle Brass’ Kate and Rodney will be responsible for the production of the CD and the artwork for the cover.
- The actual cost of burning a CD is $1.30.
- We will sell the CDs for $15.00. We must collect a tax, but we can included this in the $15.00 price and then pay the tax ourselves.
- Gargoyle Brass is working on being able to sell digital versions of the CD from their website. Mary Jane stated that we are also looking into this for our website.
- Penny is interviewing two candidates for our graphic designer position.
- Season subscription postcards should be mailed by September 12th.
- The Christmas concert postcard should be sent to the printer by October 10th.
- Auditions for new members and voice placement for the altos will take place on Tuesdays August 25th and September 1st.
- Robyn Waldman Borek will write the duties of the section leaders for our handbook.