NORTHWEST CHORAL SOCIETY
May 2, 2017
CALL TO ORDER:
The May 2017 Board Meeting of the Northwest Choral Society was held on May 2nd, 2017 at First Congregational United Church of Christ, 766 Graceland Ave., Des Plaines, IL. The meeting was called to order at 6:35 PM by NWCS President Penny Perles. The following board members were present:
Angela Carlson Penny Perles
David Hitch Diane Szuberla
Noreen LaValle Kristie Webb-Williams
Mary Jane Matecki
Also Present: Alan Wellman, Artistic Director
- The corrected meeting minutes from the March 14th meeting were reviewed and approved with the following changes: Monica Penney volunteered to usher for the spring concert, instead of volunteering to help with the bake sale and that the typo in Karl’s name be fixed. Noreen LaValle made a motion to accept the March meeting minutes with the aforementioned corrections. The motion was seconded by Mary Jane Matecki. The motion passed.
- Noreen LaValle presented the treasurer’s report for March 2017. Cash disbursements totaled $1,372.00. Cash receipts totaled $1,182.40. Our regular account now has $22,129.36. Including petty cash, our final total was $22,164.36. David Hitch made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report. The motion was seconded by Mary Jane Matecki. The motion passed.
- Noreen LaValle presented the treasurer’s report for April 2017. Cash disbursements totaled $6,227.60. Cash receipts totaled $3,723.57. Our regular account now has $19,625.33. Including petty cash, our final total was $19,660.33. Mary Jane Matecki made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report. The motion was seconded by Diane Szuberla. The motion passed.
- Dan from Bomb Shelter records is almost finished mixing the recording from our Hymn of Praise April 2017 concert.
- Windy City Choral Festival sent the concert audio cd to Alan and the video will be sent in another week.
- Penny will send out the URL link to the photos from the Windy City Choral Festival.
- For the June concert, everyone will be wearing black shirts and black pants. Men will have colored ties and the women will have colored scarves. There will be no intermission.
- Alan also announced his resignation as artistic director of NWCS. He has found an amazing new teaching position in Los Angeles.
- $50 donation was mailed in.
- IBM matched a $125 contribution.
- Monica Penney has volunteered to usher for the June 2017 concert.
- Pat and Peggy will usher, take tickets and run the bake sale.
- Diane Szuberla presented the April 2017 concert results report. 105 people attended the concert (32 adults and 65 seniors/students with 8 comp or free tickets claimed) with $2,933.51 in total ticket sales. The bake sale brought in $296.
- Barb Z. will not be able to sing with us for the June 2017 concert.
- There will 39 singers for the June concert.
- Posters and tickets are printed and will be available to the choir members May 2nd.
- Restaurant fund raiser @ Lou Malnatti’s
- Penny will follow up with the restaurant for more information on logistics and date of fundraiser.
- The board will need to meet May 9th, 2017 in order to discuss the creation of the search committee for the next NWCS artistic director.
- Our next Board Meeting will be Tuesday, May 9th, 2017, at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 7:20 PM by a motion from Noreen LaValle and a second from Mary Jane Matecki. The motion passed.
Northwest Choral Society