NORTHWEST CHORAL SOCIETY
November 10, 2015
CALL TO ORDER:
The November 2015 Board Meeting of the Northwest Choral Society was held at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, 1095 Dempster/Thacker, Des Plaines, IL. The meeting was called to order at 6:36 PM by NWCS President Penny Perles. The following board members were present:
Meredith Bechtel Noreen LaValle
Robyn Waldman Borek Mary Jane Matecki
Angela Carlson Penny Perles
Greykell Dutton John Schindler
Kelsey Green Diane Szuberla
David Hitch Ruta Veitmanis
Also present: Alan Wellman, Artistic Director.
The meeting minutes of the October 13th board meeting were reviewed. No corrections were needed.
Mary Jane Matecki made a motion to accept the minutes. The motion was seconded by David Hitch. The motion passed.
Noreen LaValle presented the treasurer’s report for October. Cash disbursements totaled $971.75. Cash receipts totaled $2,980.00. Our regular account balance now was $10,361.73. Including petty cash, our final total was $10,396.73. Mary Jane Matecki made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report. The motion was seconded by Ruta Veitmanis. The motion passed.
Diane Szuberla reported the following donations:
- In answer to our donor letters we have received $1,300.00. $1,000.00 of this amount was donated by the David Sung Lee Corporation. David Hitch will send a thank you letter to David Lee.
- So far our members have donated $2,855.00 to our Annual Members’ Support Fund.
- We will also receive matching funds from Pfizer ($27.50) and IBM ($50.00).
Kelsey announced that we have received $1,425.00 in advertisements for our program book. We still need to collect $100.00.
David Hitch announced that we have received $3,000.00 from another corporate donor.
Greykell Dutton confirmed that she will be moving out of state. We will need a new membership committee chairperson by spring.
Penny announced that the press release about our December concert has been sent to the media.
Robyn Waldman Borek and Kelsey Green continue to post on our Facebook page. They just posted a new item today.
Our December concert posters and postcards have arrived and are ready to be sent and/or distributed.
50th ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE:
- Kelsey has created several graphics for the tote bag to commemorate this anniversary. She will post them at the next two rehearsals so that the membership can vote for the one that will be used.
- Several more suggestions were made for possible items for our silent auction: $100.00 American Express gift cards, Lynfred Winery tasting event, food baskets from Whole Foods and $25.00 gift certificates from Mariano’s. Several small items can be bundled together.
Gargoyle Brass will not be doing the graphics for our CD album cover. We are now responsible for both the cover and the program notes.
- Penny has contacted the Saints to usher at our December concert. This is a group of volunteers who usher at events just for the price of a free ticket to the event. They do not, however, guarantee the number of ushers that will come. Therefore, we need to have some of our own people on standby. The Saints do not handle money at the event.
- We will be selling our CDs at the door and at the bake sale. Both CDs and tickets will be able to be purchased by credit card using GoPayment. We already have one iPad with this app. We need a volunteer with a second iPad and the app. (Bake sale items will only be sold for cash.)
- We already have volunteers for our bake sale.
- Our Christmas party will be Tuesday, December 8th, at Emmett’s in Palatine. We will put out a sign up list.
- Penny has new ideas for a survey for our audience at the Christmas concert.
Our next Board Meeting will be Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 6:30 PM, before rehearsal at St. Martin’s.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 7:03 PM by a motion from Noreen and a second from Robyn. The motion passed.
Northwest Choral Society